ferroli Sigma 60-100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me. My Boiler keeps on firing up and shutting down, firing up shutting down making my heating take forever to get hot. I have replaced the Central heating flow temperature sensor and the Safety overheat thermostat but the problem is still there . System has been flushed and all the radiators eventually get hot
Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong!!!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does the pump run? Pump could be tired.
Does the motorised valve open fully?
Dodgy room stat.

Pump has 3 speeds and all are working. As far as i am aware the the motorised valve is okay as I get hot water and eventually heating. I do not have a room thermostat fitted.

You need to examine the operating conditions at the point of shutting down!

Its either temperature control or water flow related!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'd love to know if you ever found the solution to this, I have the same problem with the same boiler.

I have been trying a variety of approaches and so far have replaced the main PCB (twice), gas valve PCB, temperature sensor (thermister), and overheat switch. I've had 3 different engineers out to it, none of whom have cured the problem. The last one replaced the thermister after it stopped working altogether, and that worked for a while (with the boiler stat turned right up, admittedly), although checking a while later I found the thermister value of the "old" one to be identical to the new one (1500KOhm when cold) so I doubt that was it.

Anyway, it is back to it's old tricks, starts, runs about 30 secs, shuts down and immediately restarts.

The Grundfos pump is working OK and not noisy (even on speed 3), but I'm beginning to wonder if it could be flow rate that is the problem. The pipework is long and convoluted as it is a largish house and the boiler is in a cupboard above the hot water tank in a first floor bathroom.

Before I trash this 4 year old boiler (!) is there anything else I can try?
Beer is only a short term solution...

Fixed it! may have originally been two separate problems, one masking another.
I replaced the venturi in the fan casing, the old red one now superceded by a grey one of a slightly different design, and lo and behold, it worked!
Cost of bit £2.51 plus VAT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back