FIAT PUNTO CLUTCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Fiat Punto 1.2cc, i have been told that the clutch is going, the price i have been quoted is £250.00, is this about the right price as i am a bit confused, i have been on the internet and looked at the prices for parts which seem alot cheaper than this

Sponsored Links
Forget the cheap prices, for that, you get a cheap clutch, and may get 18 months out of it.

250 isn't too over the top, as long as your getting original parts fitted, i would be paying slightly under two hundred, as i know people who do this for a living.

I have a Fiat Punto 1.2cc, i have been told that the clutch is going, the price i have been quoted is £250.00, is this about the right price as i am a bit confused, i have been on the internet and looked at the prices for parts which seem alot cheaper than this

Work it out, source the parts on the internet yourself, clutch plate, clutch release bearing, labour. Labour might be a biggie, as they might have to remove the engine to fit the clutch..so £250..about right?

In that car though, as you feel 'it might be going', then maybe it's just the clutch cable, that needs adjusting? And someone wants you to spend megabucks on parts you don't need? Is either broken, needs fixing, or not broken. Who told you that the clutch is going? YOU drive it? Right?

At a guess...clutch release bearing £60.
Clutch plate...£90-£120
Labour..and additional work...4-5 hours...£150..

So my guesstimate, and your price tally.

Sponsored Links
Back