Judder Woes

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,
The old Fiat Punto I have has developed a 'judder / shudder' when I pull away, it is becoming worse.
I have been told that it may be the clutch but could also be engine mountings. The clutch is quite noisy ( not exessive though) when I first start the car, and there is not much pressure on the pedal.
Is there a method for testing a clutch ??
( sorry but I do not know much about cars, but do have a fear of getting a new clutch fitted and then still having the original judder)

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Think the punto's have hydraulic clutches, so may be a problem with air in the system

Ed.

If it was an engine mounting, you should feel/hear the judder every time you put load on the engine, a jack and piece of wood under the engine should enable you to check for a split mounting.
Clutch judder could be caused by broken or weak pressure plate springs, it would give you judder when you first let your clutch pedal out slowly in first or reverse. It could also make it feel lumpy when changing into other gears. Check for the mount yourself then if need be, get a second opinion on the clutch.

;)

Sponsored Links
After taking the car to Mr Clutch I have been informed that there is not a problem with the clutch after all.
Something is on its way out in the gearbox, £700 pounds worth ! :eek:

Now my new Punto that I have spent @£900 on, (including insurance and tax) is worthless ! :oops: :oops:

Any bright idea's welcome please :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back