Fibreglass Tissue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I need to find some fine or ultra fine fibreglass tissue.

This isn't for a car repair but for an ornament repair (Stags Head) that needs to have a strong bond as it will be hung on a wall and is quite heavy. My partner tripped over a cable while cleaning and whacked it off the wall. I've super-glued almost all of it back together minus the splinters.

The reason for wanting fine or ultra fine is because it needs to be a tight fit to the contours of the ornament on both the inside and the outside so that it retains some of the texture if possible prior to it being repainted.

I went to Halfords but their fibreglass tissue is way to stiff and even with resin on it's not really a tissue, its more like soft pasta. So if anyone can give me a few leads I can follow I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it going to be under stress? If not, I would look in a fabric shop and see what the finest cloth they have then use fibreglass resin with that. Hope this helps and a merry Christmas

Fibreglass curtains from the 60's in the retro section of " a well known auction site " or even fibreglass tissue same place;)

You can get it on ebay, no problem - or if you're still struggling I can post you the bit I have for a small fee to cover the postage etc. I'd have to measure it up.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
That's the stuff to use! Remember it can come in different weights (that's 30 grammes per square metre in the link above). You can get thicker and thinner stuff. Also, tissue has a side that's supposed to face outwards and a side that's supposed to face the "job". I think the side that feels smoothest is the outward-facing side.

Back