Filler for gaps between Victorian floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone suggest a wood coloured flexible filler /caulk type product I can use with an applicator gun to fill the gaps between my victorian floorboards in loungeroom and hallway to cut down on drafts? It would need to be something thick as the gaps are around 4mm wide. The boards have already been sanded and oiled, so it can't be anything too messy or that needs sanding/painting etc. My father has used a Sikkaflex product in Australia but we can't find it here. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can use small diameter rope/string, dyed/oiled and forced between boards

Wakey - you could try Timber Sealant designed for filling gaps in floors and comes in 310ml tubes for your skelly gun. Google Timber & laminate Sealant for your local supplier. We used to use Gun-O-Prene wallboard adhesive in the old days for this task, the nearest availabe now is Gripfill.

Symptoms, thanks for that tip - have googled and found a few things that look like they might do the trick. I also did a test run on the string method and it is not as difficult (or as strange) as I first thought.

cheers everyone!

Sponsored Links
No that strange, thats how they used to construct old wooden ships.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back