Filling brick & wood holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
Ive recently installed a CCTV system in my house.
I have several holes that wires pass through wood & brick that I would like to fill / seal, here is some info:

Brick Holes:
I have drilled several holes through the house wall, which consits of normal brick inside, breeze block/padding in the middle and red brick on the outside.

Each hole is approx 12mm in diameter.

Each hole has wires of some description going through them:
CCTV Video Cable
Ethernet Cable
Power cable
All weatherproof'd

Is it ok to use to fill:
White Silicon on the outside, maybe painting the white with creasalt/fencing protection to colour the white.
Pluming / decorative cement on the inside?

Wood Holes
I have drilled a 12mm hole through a wooden cabin approx. 2inches thick, again with the same cables above passing through the hole.

What should I use to fill this hole inside and out?
Is silicon ok again?

Filling part of a broken red brick
After finding our first hand that red brick is not the easiets of materials to drill through:
When drilling one of the holes a chunk of one of the outside, lower wall, red bricks broke off the brick.
Is there anything that would match colour wise that I could get to fill the small cove taken out of this brick.

Thanks so much in advance.

Sponsored Links
i normally aim to fill outside with mortar and inside with sealant. this is not always possible ie window frames when i use expanding foam and external frame sealant.

given the holes are fairly small would keep it simple and fill both inside and out with external frame sealant

in terms of repairing the brick would get a red dye from local builders merchant and repair with mortar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back