filling door threshold cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to lay 120mm celotex on this floor, ready for ufh and liquid screed to be poured. How should I support the new insulation & screed above the cavity in this doorway?

It used to have suspended timber type floor on it, but I have removed that. It's a block & beam base and the cavity void is about 20cm deep. There is rubble/mortar at the bottom.

many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• doorthrea.jpg
    doorthrea.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 362
Sponsored Links
I am no expert, so feel free to ignore :)
I think you can fill it with anything you want (well probably NOT anything ;)) bricks, blocks etc.
Just don't bridge the DPM or DPC.
Even then, you might be surprised at the rigidity of the celotex, that will probably need very little, or no support over a gap that small.
But, that's just my opinion! :)

Great, many thanks for the reply. I have already filled it and not bridged the DPC. DPC is at level of bottom of door frame, and runs under it.

The screed level (and flooring) will be higher than the DPC though. Do I just run DPM up the wall and door sill and cut off a floor height?

Sponsored Links
Basically yes. If you can bond the DPM to the DPC, that would be better.
If you have a Google image search for 'beam and block flooring threshold details', you should find plenty of details like:
upload_2021-9-20_22-35-33.png

Hopefully they will put your mind to rest! :)

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-20_22-30-22.png
    upload_2021-9-20_22-30-22.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 633

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back