Filling in brick wall air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im ripping out my kitchen & have pulled down what was boxing in an ugly toilet soil pipe. Its revealed these two air vents that I want to fill in when I re-box the pipe but was wondering the best way how and what with.

I was thinking of either stuffing it with spongy foam, expandable foam or just anything else really.

Any idea's Thanks

Sponsored Links
Before removing any air vent or air brick you will have to take into account the total ventilation of the room or compartment in question.

Will the new kitchen have an extractor to the outside? It should. In that case its usually OK to do what you propose.

Why not do it properly, and remove the air brick that shows externally, and brick up with a matching bit of brickwork. Inside use brick or block to give a backing for plastering over.

Do not go the failure route of "spongy foam" etc. You will only build-in later troubles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back