Filling Loop - Valve Not Closing Automatically!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Can you help please - The boiler (Halstead ACE) was working fine this morning but the pressure dropped below the minimum and the system shut down. I re-pressurised and then got 'Lockout'. Sorted this by resetting the cutout as specified in the manula.

Then when I removed the filling loop I found that the inlet valve had not closed automatically and I am currently having to leave the filling loop in place (with the inlet tap closed).

We are abotu to go up North for Hogmenay and I want to leave it all OK for my daughter. Is it OK to leave it as above? Or should I turn the screw on the inlet valve to its off position?

Ta muchly

Sponsored Links
If you turn the inlet tap off, does the water stop coming out when the pipe is disconnected? If so, leave it like that.

oilman said:
If you turn the inlet tap off, does the water stop coming out when the pipe is disconnected? If so, leave it like that.
No the left hand valve still leaks water (not under great pressure) which suggests that is attempting to shut off. The inlet valve (from main) turns off correctly.

I now realise that the valve that should be automatically switching off has a bleed on top not an isolating feature.

I also realise that I should spell check before posting - duh!

It sounds like your double check valve has failed so you will be unable to remove the fill loop.
Suggest your leave your loop attached with the filling valve closed until you get time to change it, sooner rather than later. :D

Sponsored Links
BAHCO said:
It sounds like your double check valve has failed so you will be unable to remove the fill loop.
Suggest your leave your loop attached with the filling valve closed until you get time to change it, sooner rather than later. :D
Mnay thanks guys. I will get ot sorted when I return. I think my local C/H expert migrates at this time of year.

Have a great New Year and think of the Sparkies coming to grips with Part P - glad I'm out of it :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back