Filling Tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to add inhibitor into my pressurised system. I have a filling tube but when I undo it (the valve is shut) water comes out under pressure from the boiler end. Do I have to drain down before adding the inhibitor?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Easiest way is to add it to a radiator. Turn both valves off and drain the rad.
Remove the top plug (either end) and pour inhibitor into rad. A funnel with a bit of hose helps to get it in. Refit the plug and turn the rad valves back on and vent air from rad. Recharge system pressure as required. Run CH and there you go.

thanks for the advise but I am not confident on removing a rad especially as I've had new carpets fitted. Is there no way I can do it from the filling tube?

If water comes out when you disconnect the loop then the valves need replacing.

Your filling loop shouldn't be connected all the time, you can get water from your heating system mixing with your drinking water.

Why do u want to add inhibitor?

Sponsored Links
I had a boiler fault so the system was drained. Engineer has filled it up and I thought I needed to add inhibitor.

Last time I used the filling tube without any problems. The water is not coming from the mains its coming back the other way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back