finding an s trap toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace an old toilet that has an s trap into a clay pipe. I can't box the wall off as the room is not long enough so have to stick with an s trap. Does anyone do a version with a close coupled cistern? and if so would you mind posting a link?

thanks

Sponsored Links
i did have a look at the 90' bend, the swan neck will reduce it slighty more. i think i will ahve another measure up. The rooms so short that i can't afford to put any boxing behind the toilet. thanks

also has anyone noticed any problems when using that swan neck connector? I'm abit heavy with the toilet paper :LOL:

Sponsored Links
With the modern 'Water Saving' 6 litre flush it doesnt always clear the pan on a single flush. Sometimes better to flush midway through the operation then flush again when finished. 6 litres in my experience is not enough to clear the contents of the pan in 1 hit.

Twyfords still make the s trap pans but not sure about cc version

Be careful with the swan neck, remember the base of the pan will hit the clay pipe so sometimes its no better than a 90 degree one.

ive had a measure up and the toilet will still be 160mm off the wall even with that swan neck.

Now i have found some CC s trap toilets on the net. most have something desribed as a rough-in. its a distance say 250mm. does anyone know if this is some relationship to how far the pipe exits on the bottom?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back