Finish feel of epoxy grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm if the finish feel of epoxy grout will feel smooth like silicone or will it feel more rough like standard cement grout? Specifically, I was interested in Kerakoll Fugalite Bio 2 Part Epoxy Grout

Sponsored Links
Mine's slightly gritty, not like silicon. It was also a pig to clean off. Don't think I'll be using it again.

Mine's slightly gritty, not like silicon. It was also a pig to clean off. Don't think I'll be using it again.
Is this the Kerakoll epoxy grout or some other epoxy grout you're referring to?

My understanding was that this epoxy grout would be smooth to the touch like silicone.

Sorry, think I might have used Kerapoxy, had to look up the tub... not the kerakoll.

Sponsored Links
I have used the Kerapoxy 3 times. It is difficult to clean/polish, but the finish is very smooth. I last used it for small glass mosaic tiles on a splash back behind a hob. It had the advantage of not being stained buy cooking fats.

In no way was it gritty. The tub had the activator in it, the finish was smooth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back