Fire place ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

First time on here.

Please see attached a picture of the fire place. Its a wierd set up and just need some tips.

You can see there is about and 8 foot peice of wood running under the fire place which is the base to the fire place under that there r brick holdin up the base. (The laminate flooring has been fitted around the brick work)

What can i do to make this more appealing.

I cant rip it up as it will mean i will have to get new flooring put in.

I was thinking of boarding the front up. And painting it and maybe turning it into a sit down area maybe putting on some soft tops?

Any help would be great

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-57-53.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-57-53.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
remove the wood, then take up all the the brickwork, take up the flooring that was under the wood and around the bricks.
relay the flooring you've just taken up, obviously your going to be a bit short, so leave a big gap in front of the fireplace and lay or buy a hearth to fit in the gap.
from the photo it looks like you'll have enough flooring to pull it off

Take the bricks away, and fit the wood straight on the floor. If you can make a piece of something to then go round the edge of the wood, you could make it into a pseudo hearth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back