First floor chimney breast removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to know where the bracket or RSJ goes in this case.

There are two floors plus a loft room. I own first floor and converted loft room. Downstairs has had breasts removed before they lived there.

I would like to remove one. I need to get a structural engineer to look & do a drawing, submit to council and get freeholder to approve.

My question is when you remove the chimney breast, do you put the supports in the same room or somewhere else? I cant really put them in the loft since it is not a loft anymore.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Are you planning on removing the internal chimney on both floors, and taking the chimney stack down as well?

The gallows bracket would support anything that is left but there may be nothing to support if it all goes, or has to go.

Your SE may want to inspect what your neighbour has done on the ground floor and his/her co-operation may be required during the works or for access so check that you have the right to do access the property or that your landlord can require it.

Blup

Hi Blup,
I think I may move away from this idea since I need to pay council, freeholder & SE plus parts & labour.
1st floor and below me has removed already.
Thank you anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back