Fitting a Dual-Fuel Towel Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought one of those ladder-style towel radiators for my bathroom and will be installing it in place of a bathroom CH radiator, together with an electrical element for the Summer. I have all the parts, including a T-adaptor to fit the radiator valve as well as the element.

Putting it together, loosely, to see how it all fitted, I was surprised to see how little space there was around the element inside the t-adapter, and am a bit concerned about getting an adequate water flow through the gap from the CH.

Is this normal?

Sponsored Links
I'd be more worried about getting enough heat from your towel rad to keep your bathroom warm.

I see many people who fit them, and are then disappointed by their output.

I'd be more worried about getting enough heat from your towel rad to keep your bathroom warm.

I see many people who fit them, and are then disappointed by their output.

It's 1800mm x 600mm and has an output of 768w. That's more than enough for the size of the room, factoring in the number of external walls and the degree of insulation present.

I'm just worried that the radiator may not get hot enough, because of restricted flow. Anyone?

Sponsored Links
Flow will be ok. Sometimes when balancing valves are closed to a trickle but the radiators still heat up fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back