Fitting a mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with my electric shower which is fair play since is was a cheapie put in when we moved into the house 2 years ago. Was thinking of redoing the bathroom fully now, and debating whether to fit a mixer shower. Can this be done with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior combi?

Sponsored Links
If you have good water pressure then yes.

I have the same boiler but the 24kw version with a mixer and its decent, not a power shower but 100 times better than the instant electric shower it replaced.

Does anyone know what the difference is - parts wise - between the 24 and 28 greenstar juniors? Is it just a different PCB or are all the parts different?

Not sure what our water pressure is to be honest. When i open the hot tap, it is quite a flow. The cold certainly belts out. Is it just a case of fitting a mixer unit from the bathroom feeds? (not having done this before!)

Yes, I just tee'd off the bath supplies.

By the sounds of it your pressure should be fine, before you buy an expensive mixer, try connecting up one of those cheap showers that involves a plugging the rubber ends onto your hot and cold taps and holding the head up at the normal shower head height. This will give you an idea of the pressure you can expect from your supply.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I just tee'd off the bath supplies.

By the sounds of it your pressure should be fine, before you buy an expensive mixer, try connecting up one of those cheap showers that involves a plugging the rubber ends onto your hot and cold taps and holding the head up at the normal shower head height. This will give you an idea of the pressure you can expect from your supply.

Good call. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back