How can I increase pressure in shower - combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here so hoping someone can help, would really appreciate some advice!

We've just had our old boiler system removed and had a combi boiler installed. We have 3 toilets, 2 showers, 14 radiators. Water pressure in all basin taps and bath taps is strong (cold and hot) - no problems there. The showers run on the combi system (with a thermostat, not mixer) however the pressure is very low compared to the taps. The showers are both ceiling mounted (rain showers) - does the size of the house play a part in this? How can we increase the pressure to the showers, as the taps are absolutely fine (strong). Would really like stronger pressure in the showers :(

Combi is a Wocester Greenstar 28i Junior.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ali

Sponsored Links
well with that many showers,who advised you of that particular boiler,from memory its output will be around ten to 11 litres per minute and rainfall head will not work with this type of boiler

Ideally you should have had an unvented cylinder dependant upon flow rate and a system boiler,this can put out around 18 litres per minute

The boiler you have is the entry range from worcester being the junior model ,personally I would have advised a CDI at the minimum

I just cant see this boiler achieveing what you want from it >you can check the head for blockages or replace with smaller head and make sure there is no blockages in the pipework,but this is grasping at straws I think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back