Can I fit low pressure mixer shower on COmbi system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just checking this is an okay thing to do.

Basically have a combi system but working pressure just below 1bar both hot and cold. In process now of getting bathroom fitted.
We don't want an electric shower.

Did a browse and advised by wickes and B&Q random staff that based on fact we have combi boiler we need a high pressure shower mixer. That means we can have all kinds of fancy showers incl rainwater shower! however as our flow at internal stop tap from cold is about 13l at 1 bar and combi boiler best output is 8l/min at 1 bar plus when you turn on the cold as well as hot, the hot flow drops off even more I'm strongly suspicious we cant, so is there any harm fitting a low pressure shower mixer on a potential high pressure system?

PS out boiler is worcester green star 36i (unfortunetally as cold main working pressure not 1.6 which is needed to have max hot water flow 14.7l/min this is why have poor hot water flow) but that's another issue that costing too much to fix right now! )

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any shower should be fine.

Counter monkeys from the likes of b&q and Wickes have barely the knowledge to tie their shoelaces.

With the exception of our very own Charnwood. Who sadly was very ill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back