mixer bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just fitted a mixer bar shower in a house with a combi boiler but it does'nt get hot enough presumably because of the pressure in the cold being different to the hot, will a prv fitted to the cold supply rectify this or should i try to up the temp of the hot on the mixer thermostat, or put a pressure equalizer on both feeds

Sponsored Links
Does the shower manufacturer state that it is suitable for use with a combi boiler?

What make and model is it?

Sponsored Links
i have asked wickes, this is an anvil thermostatic mixer bar, product code 212539 which is compatible with a combi boiler, so can anyone help with the too cold scenario please.

First step is to measure flow and pressure at the mixer connections.

ok after finding my pressure gauge broken i bought a new one, the flow of the hot is 18 -20 litres per min and cold is off the scale 22+ lpm, as for the pressures well there both off the scale my gauge goes up to 6 bar and bothe the hot and cold exceded this going round the clock to 1 again, so not really any further forward, what do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back