Will mixer shower be better then 8.5kw electric?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 8.5 electic shower.
Will a thermostatic (pressure balancing to cope with mains cold) mixer shower at 0.1 bar pressure (1m head to bottom cold tank feeding hot tank) give a better flow?
Or not much in it ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you dont give enough information but it sounds like a power shower (uses a pump ) would be your best bet pressure means didly squat what you are interested in is flow rate the pressure you have referred to is a measurement when no appliances in use

Thanks
I agree a power shower would give a better shower; but I am concerned about running out of hot water too quick.

I would be interested if anyone has an opinion about the effectivenesss of a mixer shower without any pump compared to a 8.5 kw electric shower, in the general sense

What other info would be helpful? Its a third floor flat with tank in the loft, pipe run is about 3-4 meters.

Sponsored Links
Just been reading about the I.S. Boost shower (trevi) which maybe could work OK, although the unit is expensive and might need changes to pipe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back