8.5kw Electric shower choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Our old Triton electric shower has burnt out and is beyond repair. Our shower cabling and electric supply restricts us to 8.5 kw and our dormer bungalow plumbing means the upstairs shower needs to be electric.
We were looking at the Triton T150 thermostatic shower but it looks as though this has had reliability problems, so we were wondering about an Aqualisa Aquastyle instead?
Any thoughts out there on the best 8.5 kw electric shower to fit? our cold water pressure seems quite high although I do not have any actual figures, when the Aqualisa guy fixed the downstairs mixer shower i think he put the cold water pressure at 2-3 bars?

Sponsored Links
I tell customers that the average life expectancy if used on a regular basis of Electric Showers is normally just after two years, ( thats after the garantee has expired) and to have it repaired will cost nearly as much as a new one and have limited garantee)
So I advise get the shower that suits requirement, one can get them from B&Q Argos for no more than £100,
At least it is garanteed to last for two years.

wickes, aquatronic range. its a triton shower inside a wickes box. 1/2 the price of a triton and a two year warranty, triton has a one year warranty.

take the cover off the aquatronic, triton stickers all over it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back