Fitting bath waste - what tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't laugh, I'd like to think I'm generally pretty handy, but as part of our bathroom reno I've got a waste similar to this to fit:

The strainer/plug is one removable piece and when that's removed the drain is basically totally open, no crossbar/grate or anything to tighten it up with. There are four notches equally spaced around the drain which presumably are there to tighten it with a specific tool but there's nothing else in the box. Is this a standard tool? I've been searching for days and feel like I'm losing my mind.

Sponsored Links
Sometime you get a tool, sometimes you don't. McAlpine are very good at supplying tightening tools for their stuff.

With that though you don't tighten the top waste, you tighten the section below while holding the top section, if you even have to hold it. It doesn't need to be that tight, hand tight with 1/2 a turn should be all it needs, use a little sealant either side of the bottom washer just to fill any imperfections in the bath finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back