Fitting beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to fit beading in my downstairs bathroom. There isn’t any skirting board, the walls are tiled and the floor is vinyl.

I’ve seen self adhesive beading. Has anyone used this? Is it any good?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Yes. No.

To put that in context, I've used plastic beading with a self adhesive strip on the bottom a few times. It works adequately in low traffic areas and conforms better to uneven surfaces (like tiled floors) than timber beading does but it is far from ideal where traffic is high or where there is any likelihood of a mop and water being used regularly. For those environments clear silicon seems to be a far better choice IMHO

Sponsored Links
Uvpc trim might be option, gives a larger area to fix with and waterproof.

That is what I would use / have used. Eurocell.co.uk have lots of local outlets and offer a UPVC quadrant in two colours and two sizes, plus it is silly cheap. it is not self stick, so will need construction adhesive to fix it in place.

It is quarter round - I have recently used quite a bit of it, it is so handy. It's a good replacement for the usual MDF quadrant, filling the gap around a laminate floor. I have used it instead of the silicone sealant, between bath and wall; as a replacement for sealant between kitchen worktop and the wall.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back