Fitting IKEA Utrusta wire basket drawers to discontinued IKEA Faktum cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In case it helps someone else, I've just successfully fitted some 60cm IKEA Utrusta wire basket drawers (IKEA article #002.046.72 ) in an old discontinued IKEA Faktum kitchen cabinet that's been customised in the past for use as part of a fitted bedroom. I found that using the shims (the plastic packing intended to be sandwiched between the cabinet side and the metal runner) included with the Utrustra drawer runners made it too tight for the drawers to be inserted so left them out. I assume the internal width dimension of the Faktum cabinet is 1 - 2 mm smaller than the current IKEA Metod cabinets. Photos attached...

Attachments

• 2022-07-23 14.59.10.jpg
    2022-07-23 14.59.10.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 2022-07-23 14.59.36.jpg
    2022-07-23 14.59.36.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 139
Sponsored Links
Geojay, looking to fit baskets in my faktum units as you have done. How tight was the end result and did your units have the doors fitted and did baskets clear them?

Geojay, looking to fit baskets in my faktum units as you have done. How tight was the end result and did your units have the doors fitted and did baskets clear them?
Sorry for the delayed response...
It's not perfect, they are fairly heavily loaded and sometimes the baskets come off the rails. The baskets clear the doors without issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back