Fitting kitchen carcasses before worktop templating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

we have just had an extension and i am fitting the kitchen carcasses, in readiness for the kitchen templaters to come along for our quartz worktop

We are getting the kitchen from Howdens

Can anyone give me some tips if needed, or anything that may be useful for me to know before fitting the carcasses - my main question is, should i fit the end panels BEFORE they template for the worktop, or after? Would you install the drawer fronts before or after they template?

many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Helps if they are installed, if they forget to add 20mm to template you won’t be happy .

My tip would be to get your kitchen units delivered and check its complete before booking anybody to template, or at least be prepared in case. My experience, albeit limited is that short deliverues happen quite often. Its not hugely amusing when a corner unit is missing!

I would say make the kitchen complete if you have time, the less chance of confusion the better.

If you leave of end panels and drawer fronts you could always tape battens of the same thickness in place so the full extent of the kitchen is in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back