Fitting new alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone can answer my query. I am about to install a Friedland wireless alarm in my daughters house. The old alarm keypad is situated in a cupboard beside the fuse box and is wired via a FCU. I would like to put the new keypad in this cupboard. As it is wired using an adapter can I use the existing cable that is coming from the FCU and fit a socket so that I can plug in the adapter. I am sure the FCU is wired direct to the fuse box as the old alarm was installed by an electrician.

Sponsored Links
Yes but you should use twin and earth cable, rather than flex, to the new socket. Wouldn't it be easier to turn the power off and replace the FCU with the socket?

Change the FCU for a socket. It would be quite a feat to fit a socket to the flex without it looking shoddy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back