Fitting new ball valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I have a few problems with my ball valve / cold water tank in the loft. The ball valve doesnt shut the water off completely once the float is up to its maximum level so will need replacing (its pretty old and unable to adjust it. However, the cold water tank is cracked and split around the hole where it is fixed in place (its a plastic tank). I cant afford to replace the tank at the moment and as i cant see the crack getting any worse (as it is situated around the ball valve in a U shape) i was just going to relocate the valve a few inches to the side. Is there anything wrong with me doing this or anything i need to be aware of before i do so??

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
Can't see why not. Make sure that overflow outlet is below level of existing crack ;)

they are prone to crack coz years ago hole saws were scarce and expensive so the inovative plumber would heat up a length o pipe to form the hole which hardened the polythene resulting in a weak spot [ just thought you would like to know!]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back