fitting new shower, what to go for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i probably shouldnt be thinking of this knowing im not at all tech minded with plumbing and electrics... BUT ... i have a combi boiler with a poor hot water flow rate so mixer taps are out the question.
I do have an electric shower already on the wall but it looks like something noah might have left behind after building the arc!
Its not very good to say the least, it either gives a fierce cold shower or a trickling hot 1. (when i look underneath it does say output 0 bar - if that helps?)

Anyways.... been looking at cheap ish alternatives. Been told i have to get 1 with the right KW rating for the breaker. How do i find this out? any suggestions for very cheap replacements that might actualy do half a job?

thanks in advance (sorry if im a bit thick)

Sponsored Links
What makes you think the flow rate from the boiler isn't any good? What make and model is it and how old is it?

flow rate from the boiler isnt any good because the hot supply takes a couple (maybe longer) of mins to fill a bucket.... yet cold is done in seconds.
Boiler is a sime freindly format 80e ... (no idea of the age)
:S god knows what make the shower is... its just got a big GbV on it

Sponsored Links
Can't help but think your boiler needs some attention - others on here will no doubt comment in due course.

As for an electric shower, think your best bet is to get a couple of electricians round for independent advice regarding the state of the current wiring and any recommendations relating to an upgrade. It really isn't possible to provide and further details on here without more specific information. You could try putting a related post on the electrics forum, but I suspect the answer will be not entirely dissimilar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back