Fitting stone affect Porcelain wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I’m about to fit some stone affect Porcelain wall tiles, just a few questions in relation to these, as ive never fit them before.

I wouldn’t have thought so, but does the wall need covering in PVA? As a previous tiler/diyer has already started doing so?

And also whats the best way to cut them? Is it just as normal with the score and snap, or do you need something more heavy duty?

Also the wall adhesive do you use just ordinary adhesive and apply it in the same way?

Main reason im asking these question is as I stated a tiler has already started doing the job which a customer isn’t happy with, and he seems to have put the tiles on with blobs of adheasive in the corners of the tiles, and also he’s covered the wall in PVA, and he had an hammer and chisel next to the box of tiles. Their defiantly not stone tiles, but just got me thinking now.

Any help always appreciated

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Brilliant guide, gcol

should get it put on ebay for 99p a time as an ebook :LOL:

a few pictures, honestly it's a great guide thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back