Fitting Window Quadrant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm trying to fit some 12mm quadrants to our PVC windows with plasterboard surround, but having problems with the top length. How on Earth would I get this to stay in place, without cutting several timber posts to length and supporting? The window is ~2.5m wide.

I've tried contact adhesive - didn't hold. The weight of the quadrant pulled it down. I don't suppose it helps that the length isn't perfectly flat either.

Loathed to try sticking it up with silicone, grip fill, evo-stick, etc... No means of supporting the thing for hours while it goes off.

Thoughts appreciated and thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I have always used silicone, yes you need to make sure the quad is straight, bend it straight :D if you need to or stick it up with security/glazing tape, if you can't get neither of these to work then you are just not cut out for DIY and will need to employ professional help ;)

I'm not concerned about my DIY ability - done plenty around the house these past few months that could have cost a pretty penny had it been done professionally.

I was considering using duct / gaffer tape, but I don't have any in the house right now - at least not that I can find - and I want this job done and forgotten about so I can get the blinds up. Looking for other options to get it done this evening. If that isn't going to happen I'll hunt the tape down / buy some.

Was also considering mitre mate / joiners mate. More expense though!

Sponsored Links
I'm not concerned about my DIY ability - done plenty around the house these past few months that could have cost a pretty penny had it been done professionally.

I was considering using duct / gaffer tape, but I don't have any in the house right now - at least not that I can find - and I want this job done and forgotten about so I can get the blinds up. Looking for other options to get it done this evening. If that isn't going to happen I'll hunt the tape down / buy some.

Was also considering mitre mate / joiners mate. More expense though!

I give up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back