Fix It Again Tomorrow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PROBLEM No 1

My fiat punto (T reg) has really slow electric window on the near side its not bad when it goes down but when it comes up its really slow.I had a similar problem on the off side door ,but took the door panel off and greased the running channel it made a slight difference.But this new problem seems worse than the last.

PROBLEM No 2
(the same car) my heater is absolute "PANTS". the car only seems to get warm when stationary and the temp gauge rises to half way.But when I setoff the temp slowly drops and its mildly warm.Somebody suggested its something to do with my thermostat, could this be right.

This car is still is serving me well had it for five years, would just like to give the old girl some attention.any advice would be great.cheers

Sponsored Links
It actually stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino. Although Fix It Again Toni (or tomorrow) is sometimes quite appropriate.

yes it could well be the thermostat stuck open.

However you might find a previous owner took it out because the car was overheating. Open the housing and have a look. Get some sealant first (you might even be able to get a new gasket at a motorists toyshop) as the old one will leak once it has been disturbed.

You can get an idea of if a thermostat is working by immersing it in a pan of hot water on the stove and bringing it to the boil. The thermostat should then open. Your workshop manual should tell you the correct opening temperature.

only thing i can see you being able to do with the window is lubricate all the moving parts,sometimes helps to spray some wd40 in the side runners as well,makes a mess of the windows though

Sponsored Links
only thing i can see you being able to do with the window is lubricate all the moving parts,sometimes helps to spray some wd40 in the side runners as well,makes a mess of the windows though

Yep, thats the way the dealers do it.
Bit of spray lube on the runners, wipe off excess with a cloth and all will be fine.

thanks everyone for the advice and the philosophy (smirking).will get my hands dirty and have fun.

as above, yeah it could be the thermostat, but of the temp gauge is readign normal there should be some heat coming from it, normally if the stat is broke the engine temp remains really low

I would suggest flush out the cooling system, upon refilling make sure that the bleed valves are open, as you may have an air lock in the heater stopping it from getting warm

Sponsored Links
Back