Fixing a shower screen over a bath with uneven surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit a fixed shower screen over the bathtub but both the wall and the end of the bath have tiles which sticks out quite a bit, I would say 7-10mm. What would be the best way to achive this? I have considered removing the tile side border which would allow the screen to be put flush against the bath tub but it would not be sitting over it, just attached to the wall, but not sure if it is a safe option.

Thank you for any advice

Chris
IMG_20220802_083131.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220802_083154.jpg
    IMG_20220802_083154.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 127
Sponsored Links
You could fit a spacer, same width & height as the screen tube, to level wall to the tiles then fix the screen tube to the wall & white silicon down either side of the screen tube to cover the spacer & seal it & then cut a piece out of the seal to allow for the horizontal tiles.

Bit of uvpc trim to get flush wall fixing, the bottom of the shower panel have seals which can be cut to match bath top.

Sponsored Links
The screen tube is the part that fits to the wall that the glass is often hinged to, but could just slide into it. A spacer is any piece of material
( preferably waterproof ) that will pack it level with the tiles.

Just fit a shower curtain, the very state of what's there and the questions the OP is asking suggests a screen here will be leaking forever and a day.

Just fit a shower curtain, the very state of what's there and the questions the OP is asking suggests a screen here will be leaking forever and a day.
Sounds about right :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
However, I just wanted to understand my options before calling someone to sort it out.
The curtain won't work by the way, because the shower head on the wall is just about a tiny bit over the tap, so the water spalshes right back into the corner and drips on the floor, and guess what, it was a tradeperson who installed this. I did mentioned it when they came back to fix a leak but was told to just put a shower screen in the corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back