Fixing Cavity Closers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never installed cavity closers before. A simple job i plan to carry out at the weekend BUT how are they fixed?

I have seen some tutorials where they suggest mechanically fixing them. The ones i have LINK have a flange approximately 30mm internally and 20mm externally. I guess a mechanical fixing this close to the cavity would burst the blockwork so is a foam adhesive a better bet?

Sponsored Links
Clout nails is what I've normally seen used and use myself. I didn't burst any blocks doing mine.

Did plug and screw in one tricky dense block.

Haven't done mine yet but I hoping a combination of no nails and small panel pins will do the trick.

When closing a cavity around a front door opening the closers are fitted to either site. The insulated cavity lintel deals with the top but what should be done at the bottom?

Lay a layer of DPM across the full width of the wall and install the door frame on top or use a cavity closer with DPM on the blocks only?

Sponsored Links
Filled with concrete and including perimeter insulation and within the DPM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back