Fixing crumbling screed floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help.

I've just taken up some terracotta tiles from a kitchen floor, but in some areas they have taken the badly-layed screed with them and left holes up to 30mm deep, some down to the insulation :-/

I'm having someone come to apply a latex screed to the whole floor next week for an Amtico floor.

I'm hoping that they will be able to repair the holes too but in the event that they are only expecting to lay the screed on top of an reasonably level base, my question is how to repair the holes. Can I fill them with a latex screed compound, mixed with sharp sand perhaps?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Just about any SLC or sand and cement mix or a combination of SLC and S&C will do as a filler.

Its best to have a dry clean floor for the pre-Amtico latex screed.

Quite what you mean by "latex screed" and what kind of Amtico product is going down probably wont matter.

Best thing to use is

Stopgap 400 rapid repair mortar
Ardex A45 rapid repair mortar
Or similar.

They will dry in a hour.
The Amtico fitter should do it before he screeds the floor really. That's what I do.
Fill holes.
Prime
Screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back