Fixing Kingspan boards to solid walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched through all the postings on this subject but concluded I would create my own as it has one difference.

My house in France has 60 cm walls constructed from stone / flint / mud mortar and rough plastered with lime render. They appear to be dry. I am thinking to insulate the North facing walls because for the last two years we have temperatures of -16 and below coming in on a north wind.

I have found a source of 50mm Kingspan seconds not too far away and was proposing to dot and dab leaving a 10mm gap between boards / ceiling and floor. When adhesive is dry I would seal all these gaps with expanding foam and then tape joints with silver foil tape. Over the kingspan I then intended to dot and dab plasterboard, scrim and fill joints.

I know some postings and tech info talk about not using dot and dab on solid walls, but because of the thickness of my walls and their dryness, I am thinking it would be OK. Am I right in understanding that the Kingspan boards have their own vapour barrier ?

What do others think.

Sponsored Links
I would baton the wall and place kingspan between, then fix plasterboard to batons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back