Sticking Kingspan to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have posted this in Plastering section but realise this bit may be more suitable.

Tried sticking Kingspan to existing plaster by dot and dab using plaster board adhesive.

Put the kingspan on 24 hours ago, have just gone to see if I could stick the plaster board onto the kingspan in same manner, I tested the strength of the bond and the Kingspan came off.

When you have all finished laughing, what should I have used?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Humm!

Wrong adhesive - a sufficient amount of air can't get to the adhesive and the curing period will be extended (if your lucky).

The following is Kingspans recommended method for adhesive bonding, I hope this helps you out of an otherwise sticky situation!!

Regards

Proprietary Adhesive Bonding
This method is for application to sound, plane concrete or plastered wall surfaces on cavity walls. Bostik 1440 adhesive is applied to the wall surface in strips to a predetermined pattern that coincides with the edges of the board, and then a further strip is applied horizontally at the midpoint of the board.
Strips of Bostik 1440 pads are then applied to the wet adhesive, which should be allowed to become tacky (this generally takes around half an hour). The protective paper is then removed from the foam strips, and a coating of adhesive is applied to the corresponding position on the Kingspan.

Kooltherm® K17 Insulated Dry–lining Board.
After a suitable delay to allow the adhesive to become tacky the board should be accurately offered up to the wall and pressed firmly back onto the pads. Nailable plugs are recommended at a rate of 3 No. per board, to be applied after the adhesive has set (two fixings positioned at the top of each board, one in the board centre).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, and all the help, I will probably go down the 2x2 battons route.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back