KingSpan or Earthwool for Internal Wall (Solid) Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts, after a bit of advice as different people telling me different things :))

I have got all walls to bare bricks and plasterer ready for plaster boarding, however i am not able to make up my mind on either to use Kingspan or earthwool ?

I have bought 50ml Kingspan cavity insulation, as thats what my architect said. However the plasterer says I am much better with earthwool.

My feeling is that kingspan offers better vapor layer and also good condensed compared to earth wool, but not sure if it will create any damp ?

The 50 ml would go in between stud wall ( 2 x 3's ) with 25 mil airflow between insulation and wall.

Please advise, Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Go with Kingspan, you would need roughly double the thickness of Earthwool to achieve the same heat retention. And how does your plaster expect the earthwool to stay nicely in between the battens? it will slump eventually leaving a gap at the top. Taping over the joints of your insulation with aluminium tape will provide an adequate vapour barrier.

Thanks, appreciate your response and agree with you completely. I will ask him to go ahead with 50 ml kingspan with 3x2 's and leave 25 ml gap on wall side for Air flow.

One more question, all wiring etc can stay in this 25 ml airflow area ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back