Sticking Kingspan to existing plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried sticking Kingspan to existing plaster by dot and dab using plaster board adhesive.

Put the kingspan on 24 hours ago, have just gone to see if I could stick the plaster board onto the kingspan in same manner, I tested the strength of the bond and the Kingspan came off.

When you have all finished laughing, what should I have used?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Am trying to insulate an exterior wall with the Kingspan, then fix plaster board to it, and scim

Am thinking that If I can get something to bond the plaster board to the Kingspan, then all I have to do is wait for the dot nice level dot and dabs to dry and then maybe go for gripfill .

Tim

Sponsored Links
As the man says above - but if you have bought and soiled the kingspan you could consider this - gripfill the kingspan to the wall ( this is only a temporary fixing) then dot and dab the boards on to the kingspan. Then use the nailable plugs that prentice mentioned so that the whole lot is fixed to the wall. This is by no means ideal though, as said above.

I would use studs myself to use teh kingspan.

Thanks for the replies, and all the help, I will probably go down the 2x2 battons route.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back