Flashing under coping stones onto metal roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Current outhouse roof leaking in various places, so was thinking to rebuild using metal roofing. The existing felt is mortared in under the coping stones on 2 sides, and overhangs a brick wall on the other side. It has a slight angle, but not much. It's not in a hugely windy location.
I'll be rebuilding the woodwork underneath as it's currently quite oddly built.

I'm by no means an expert, i'm ok with the wood, and used metal roofing before, but not sure about how to seal it to the existing stone walls.

Would I need to remove the stones, put new flashing on, and re mortar the stones over it. Or could I grind out a slot to put the new flashing in - or use some kind of seal adhesive/sealant to stick new flashing to the mortar?

Can anyone recommend an easy flashing / flashband to work with that can mould to the box profile metal roofing. I used some self adhesive stuff to fix some leaks in it already which worked, but not sure it's ideal

Final option - could I place the new metal on top of the stone walls, and use some kind of adhesive flashband to seal it to the stone?

photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fLb2qEuNe1GdPMGz9

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back