Flat Felt Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a leak in my flat felt roof. I live in a block of flats, which are all bought and was wonderering if they were also responsible for paying for repairs to the flat felt roof?

Sponsored Links
if all the flats have been bought , do you not pay a fee to a maintenance company to maintain the common parts of the flats ie fire escapes, stairwells etc?
If not then who is responsible for these areas. Most flats still have a managing agent who is responsible for these parts and i would ask your neighbours to see if they know any more about it.

Nick

i wonder, can you help me, i am trying to understand something, you said
jenmargaret said:
I recently had a leak in my flat felt roof. I live in a block of flats, which are all bought and was wonderering if they were also responsible for paying for repairs to the flat felt roof?
my question is this

why are you asking on a public forum about the block of flats that you (where ever you are) live in and we know nothing about ?

Sponsored Links
you need to find out if you are the leasehold or freehold owner of the flat

generally if you are leasehold the freeholder (your landlord)would be responsible to maintain the structure/exterior of the building - but this is dependant on the specifics of your contract. If you are a freeholder/shareholder it would normally be the responsibility of ath such people in the block

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back