Flat head screws - for screwless faceplate's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where i can buy longer screws for screwless design face plates?

TA

Sponsored Links
Ah my bad. If you struggle to find a place that sells to length you need, then you could use these extenders inside the backbox https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK3710.html That way you use the existing screw and then with these extenders you are able to reach the lugs on the backbox.

Is the faceplate really so strict that it doesn't clip on and sit flat using a non flat screw?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
BAS - i looked at rather alot of results online to find all but a few of what i was looking for, as in my title i need FLAT HEAD screws, not the standard dome sort of shape that the first two pages of your results show... - thanks for your efforts all the same, but rest assured, i did my research before posting, i would hate to waste others time for me being lazy.

i need 6, i have studded a wall out so i can get all of my cabling for my TV hidden due so a stupid One connect Mini where by samsung only supply a 1Mtr cable and you cant buy longer or extensions, SO... i have a void of arround 70MM to my back boxes, that i have purposly left set back.

How about one of these fitted in the plasterboard with the entire back part cut out? rather than the backbox screwed to the wall behind the stud wall which is now too far away. That way you have the extra depth you need but still have the lugs at a normal distance and it keeps the faceplate secure to the wall without any movement etc..

http://www.screwfix.com/p/appleby-2-gang-47mm-dry-lining-box/45057

never thought about that! what a cracking idea!!! haha, got loads of dry lining / stud boxes at home.

Thank ban-all-sheds for prompting for the reason they were needed. A simple overlooked question that can usually help with alternative ways of doing things :sneaky:

I've used these when I've had to fit deep accessories, provides an edge to plaster to when the box has to be fitted deeper.

I've used these when I've had to fit deep accessories, provides an edge to plaster to when the box has to be fitted deeper.
Had to get some of these recently, good god you should have seen the wholesalers reactions!

One didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
Another, that we shall called, CCF, were reluctant to get any in, said they hadn't sold any in years and decided we'd need to order 100 of them for them to get any in.
Finally managed to get them from our local independent wholesaler but still took a long time.

I didn't think they were that uncommon??

A lot of firms like mine expect you to buy from wholesalers where you have a trade account, they dont like you buying one offs and things on the internet as they have to weigh out the money in your next pay pack rather than at the end of the month.
I once couldnt get an order number and used my company barclaycard to pay 8 pound in edmunsons where we have an account , next week im dragged in to see the directer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back