Flat roof care

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a flat roof extension to the rear of my house it has stones on it and its felted, next door have just had a new flat plastic roof fitted and it cost a fair bit. We have been in the house for about 5 years and the extension has been up for say around 10/15 years. The trouble is I want to pre empt a leak but at the moment it dont leak but I want to look after it so it lasts a few more years.

Is this possible or do these type of roofs only have a limited time span?

Sponsored Links
Altho` oilmans` wit is unlimited ;) .....My garage roof @last house lasted for c. 25 yrs. in full sun.that`s about the most time you`ll get from 3layer+tar........modern elastomeric :!: is much better

Nige F said:
My garage roof @last house lasted for c. 25 yrs. in full sun.that`s about the most time you`ll get from 3layer+tar
Blimey, that's going some, didn't cover it up with tarpaulin sheet as well? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
No :LOL: but it grew a lot of moss, which I left alone and Iguess that helped keep the heat off :?: It was in a block and ours was the last one to leak :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back