Flat roof - what would be reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would be very grateful for some advice. I have a flat roof that now needs re-layering - it currently has felt with reflective paint.

I've had several quotes which have all been different (in what they are going to do and use, as well as cost) and I'm not sure if what I am being told is correct or fair.

My flat roof is approx 26 m2. I've been told by all but one that the boards and joists are fine and don't need replacing. One said a patch of boarding might need replacing and one said they have to replace all of them, because Firestone needs clean boards to attach to?

I've had quotes for around £2200 (inc VAT) for 3 layers of felt and £2640 for rubber (rubberbond - is this any good?). One quote for Firestone came in at £4650! Anyone know what would be reasonable?

Also one person pointed out that in one spot there was a gap in the guttering. Looks to me that it just needs pushing back together and the same in one spot with the down pipe - just dropped a little. Surely this does not mean, I need to have all the guttering replaced? I have asked each roofer to also include cleaning out the guttering and no one (apart from this guy)has said it needs replacing.

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me an idea of what I could reasonably expect to pay for 3 layer felt or rubber and what cleaning out all the guttering and repairing the guttering should cost.

Also, would my window cleaner be able to walk on the rubberbond roof?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Treena

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back