Flat screen TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking to buy a new 40 inch flat screen TV, but I'm not sure what is good and what is not, any one got any helpful hints. Looking for a good quality one about £500-£700 ish. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nearly every TV will have some one say it is rubbish and some one else will sing it's praises. I have a Panasonic and it works well. From time to time it will not switch on with remote and we have to use switch.

I have a Tevion cheap Aldi and we have had two problems. When the big switch happened couldn't get it to re-tune and had to reset it to factory settings and start again. And second can't get Sky remote to work with it.

I am sure I could find fault with every TV I have ever owned and that does not mean they are bad TV's

On plus side my Panasonic works on an aerial which all the other digi-boxes would not work with as signal not good enough. The program guide is easy to use. And the picture is good enough to use with my paint programs on my PC even when sitting 4 foot from 32 inch screen.

It also has an output so I can record freeview from TV without having the screen on.

Most of that type of info is on their web sites and you can easy find how many HDMI and SCART sockets each TV has.

Old TV in my bed room only ever works with analogue sky signal and it would not matter how many bells and whistles it had as I would never use them.

Decide what you want, write it down, go to big shop and say "I want a TV to do that" and see what they offer.

Try sony 40ex503 got some really good reviews,since reading i actually bought one

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, I will have a good read up on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back