TECHNIKA FLAT SCREEN TV DVD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a technika flat screen tv/dvd 19 inch and it switches off and a while later it will start again but now it wont switch on,, no red light on front i have tested the switch and is working as it should and also tested the power pack and it is sending out 12 volt any idea please help as it is in my caravan for the grand children to keep them happy thanks for any help regards bazz

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but that's what happens with supermarket own-brand electronics. Technika is Tesco's own brand.

It's not going to cure itself and there's no special "self fix" button hidden away to help magic it better. It sounds like a bad capacitor and it may have affected some of the other components too. will get worse with time. Take it back and get a refund.

Even if it's out of its 12 month warranty stand your ground. Customer Services at the stores really aren't TV experts and the company doesn't provide much in the way of aftersales service; so a refund is usually their only course of action.

I'd say buy a better brand, but the small combi-TV market is so devalued that the only choice for most consumers is this ultra-cheap tat made either in China or Turkey. An alternative is a separate TV and DVD player, or better still a Blu-ray player.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam and Chris i have had it for about 2 and half years so no chans of a refund so bite the bullet and buy another one might give it to the local electronics guy and get a price for a repair thanks again guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back