Flexicom 30cx losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's,

Had a flexicom 30cx fitted about 6 months ago and all has worked well until the last few days when the pressure bleeds off (1 bar down to 0.2) over a period of about 6hrs.

I've scoured the house for leaking rads, all ceilings are clear (all pipes run under upstairs floor boards, then down and back up for the downstairs rads as the floors are solid) and I can't find a thing.

I isolated the heating side of the boiler last night by closing the heating flow/return valves and the pressure dropped by 0.2 bar, but I believe this can be caused by the system cooling.

Has anyone any ideas of what to do next, apart from rip up all the floorboards to physically check all the pipes?

Sponsored Links
Crikes! just done that and it now bleeds off in about 2 mins! :(

Still cannot find any leaks :(

Sponsored Links
If you pressure system to 2.5 bar turn off flow and return valves leave for a few hours.

If pressure has not dropped then its not your boiler

If when you open up valves and pressure go,s down its your pipework or radiator valves.

When you bump pressure upto 2.5 bar and close valves turn off boiler

If you pressure system to 2.5 bar turn off flow and return valves leave for a few hours.

If pressure has not dropped then its not your boiler

If when you open up valves and pressure go,s down its your pipework or radiator valves.

When you bump pressure upto 2.5 bar and close valves turn off boiler

Thanks for that, I'll pop off and do it now. Am I ok to leave the hot water side of the system on?

Thanks Lightning for your help, have finally found a leaking pipe joint under a floor board via a damp ceiling!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back