flock wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best method for hanging flock wallpaper? Is it easier or more difficult than hanging ordinary wallpaper?

Sponsored Links
You can still hang flock paper with normal paste. You must keep the board very clean and keep wiping the edges of the board with a damp cloth so no paste can touch the face of the paper. You can still use a normal papering brush and possibly a mohair roller to smooth out the paper. You do tend to find that whatever you do it will shed a certain amount of the flock when putting it on. If using a seam roller be careful not to crush the flock at the edges.

Also id say line the walls first so you dont have to play around with the seams too much.

I always use a medium pile roller when im hanging it

As robbie says the most important thing is keeping everything clean..if your not a paperhanger id recommend pasting one piece at a time then wiping the table down.

If you do get a but of paste on the flock dab it with a damp sponge, dont rub it.

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt have thought they still needed any help the original post is over two years old!

Where did you dig that up from?

:rolleyes: dont really know where i found it but will check the date next time before resurrecting old uns like that.[/img]

Lol..the original poster..like so many others on here didnt even bother replying anyway...my ignore box is full to the brim with them....but im sure theres room for a few more.. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back