Floor Edging under curved Window Bay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After laying my laminate flooring and doing most of the edging, I now have to tackle the Job of laying the wooden edging around my curved window bay, anyone have any pointers on how to do this, I've seen posts about putting weights in the middle of the edging for a week so the wood can bend but just wondered if anyone has any quicker suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also, how sharp/shallow is the curve?
What is the length from one side to the other when you follow the curve?

Hi, I mean Floor wood trim, About 300 cm in length (Roughly), both end are at a 90 degree angle.....

Sponsored Links
Also, how sharp/shallow is the curve?
What is the length from one side to the other when you follow the curve?
Not sure how I can calculate the curve of the bay window ?

533B1023-447C-4244-B8F7-04534A348598.jpeg

A curved bay window is often not a full half circle, so you really need to, apply the Intersecting Chords Theorem to find the diameter (as I say, if you really need it).

This is a bit complicated to explain in words (and believe it not they did used to teach this sort of thing in Advanced Craft at one time), but I found a pretty good worked example here (Answer 1). Run a string line across the ends of the circle (hold in place with a couple of thumb tacks - this is a chord). Measure the length (UX + XV) Measure the perpendicular distance from the middle of the chord to the skirting (XP). Apply these lengths to the formula

Last edited by a moderator:
How does actually knowing the curve help anyway? If it's like any bays I've come across the curve's all over the place anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back