Bending scotia mouldings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, first time here :D

Stuck on a project at the moment, I've put a laminate floor down and used scotia mouldings around the outer edge to hide the expansion gap but for the life of me i can't figure out how to bend a scotia moulding around an internal bay (window) Got the moulding to bend but it will not lay flat on the floor
Any suggestions appreciated

Shaun

Sponsored Links
If you have managed to bend it to the shape required,you should be able to fix it working from one end,it might pay to put several fine saw cuts in the back of the scotia where it is lifting ,to relieve the tension. Obiously these can only be as deep as the square edge on top and will show

Thanks for the reply splinter,
The scotia I have doesn't have a top or bottom edge as such, I sanded the back of the moulding down to make it more flexible been looking for something thicker that I could cut, looking as though I may have to fashion a moulding myself (that will be fun) which I could cut and bend to shape without it distorting too much, I understand this way I will probably have to fill the saw cuts. Eh ho these things are sent to test us :confused:

Thanks
Shaun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back