Floor Levelling Compound on top of Floor Levelling Compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I took the advice in the sticky about using Stopgap 700 Flex floor levelling compound on top of the recommended (P131) primer - seems to have worked a treat in my bathroom, on top of solid noggined 18mm WBP Ply.

I got one 22kg bag and mixed with 5 litres of water, but there wasn't quite enough to totally cover the floor at the required depth.

Is it ok to just mix up another half bag's worth of powder and put straight on top of original levellling compound - or should I re-prime the floor?

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
you should not do half mixes. It is really hard to get the mix correct unless you start weighing the compound etc. You really need to mix as directed.
Yes you need to prime the floor again! This is a must. You should also try and keep 3mm thick ( minimum )
This is why i always say you are better having to much than to little :rolleyes:
I will let you decide your next action but i would recommend you try and get the next mix to go over the whole floor in one! Remember it must be at least 3mm thick!

Thanks Matt,

I've got plenty of primer left over - so I'll prime then mix up a whole bag.

The whole floor is already covered with the compound, but there just wasn't quite enough to get the depth I needed. About half the bathroom floor is completely flat, but I obviously didn't spread the stuff around enough - so up one end there's a bit of a dip.

I'll be doing it tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back